Packing your belongings
1. Do I have to pack my own belongings?
Yes, please pack your own belongings. Security regulations require that you know the contents of each of your boxes.
2. Should I seal my boxes? If so, how?
Yes, please seal all of your boxes by closing them according to the provided instructions. Then seal each box with the provided packing tape.
3. What if I have not packed all of my boxes by the time CT arrives?
Because CT movers are in such high demand at our competitive price, drivers can allow a 45-minute grace period during which you can seal remaining boxes.
4. Can CT pack my belongings for me?
No, Collegiate Transport cannot pack your belongings for you. You will need to pack, seal and initial each box.
5. What is the maximum weight of each box?
Our free packing kit contains five (5), ten (10) or fifteen (15) 24x18x18 boxes and a roll of packing tape. The maximum weight of each box should not exceed 65 pounds. Excluding your bed and desk, we know that this packing space is sufficient for the vast majority of students. We therefore ask that you do not overstuff boxes. There is no need to do so.
6. What should I do if I have extra, unused Collegiate Transport boxes?
Simply return the boxes to your CT mover during pick-up.
7. What should I do if I need extra CT boxes?
Your Collegiate Transport mover will have a few extra boxes on hand, but size and demand is unpredictable during each daily run. We therefore ask that you pack well in advance of your move-out date, so that you can better assess your requirements.
Moving your belongings
8. When can I expect Collegiate Transport to arrive for pick-up of my belongings?
You can expect CT to arrive for pick-up of your belongings on your confirmed date and time. However, unforeseen delays do occur, such as traffic and weather. We therefore ask that you provide a telephone number where you are most likely to be reached, should our dispatchers need to call you with an arrival update.
9. How long can I expect the box removal process to take?
A standard shipment of 5 boxes should take no more than 15-20 minutes. Expect more time if you have ordered and packed more boxes.
10. If in an emergency I am not available or my boxes are not packed when CT arrives, what can I do?
Let Collegiate Transport know by telephone as soon as possible if you cannot be available when they arrive. It is not guaranteed that Collegiate Transport can offer to reschedule your pick-up based on time constraints for each pick-up that day. However, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
11. How will Collegiate Transport secure my boxes?
Collegiate Transport uses a 3-step program of security measures to make sure that what you packed in the spring is what you will receive in the fall. We ask that you pack your own items. Please complete this task before the transporters arrive.
Storing your belongings
12. Will I have access to my belongings once they are placed in storage?
No, you will not have access to your belongings once they are placed in storage. If you are in doubt about any items to store, it may be best to not pack them with your belongings.
13. Will my belongings be insured?
Yes, Collegiate Transport insures your belongings. Please carefully read the terms and conditions.
14. May I add boxes to my order after the first batch has been shipped?
Boxes added to an existing order after the first batch has been moved constitute a new order. You certainly may use our services again; however, this will be considered a new order.
15. Your facilities are climate-controlled. Does that mean that I can place frozen specimens from my biology class in my boxes, for example?
“Climate-controlled” refers to a constant temperature, within a narrow band, throughout the year. Our storage facilities are not suitable for storing items that require freezing/cold or heating/hot storage.
Returning your belongings
16. What if I decide to move to an apartment instead of a dorm room when I return to school?
Just let us know your move-in date and location seven (7) days in advance and we can deliver your things to your apartment.
17. How far can my new location be from campus before I incur extra charges?
If your new housing location is more than 10 miles from campus, extra fees will apply.
18. If in an emergency I am not available when Collegiate Transport arrives, what can I do?
Let Collegiate Transport know by telephone as soon as possible if you cannot be available when they deliver. CT can offer to reschedule your delivery.